Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Internship

I was just notified this morning of my foundation year field placement.  I am going to be doing my internship hours at the Drexel House which was created by Catholic Community Services to aid in providing emergency, transitional and permanent housing to the chronically homeless in Thurston County. I called this morning and set up my pre-placement visit for tomorrow afternoon.  I am definitely excited, but also a little nervous about starting.  I will be doing about 20 hours a week there over the next two semesters and know that working with the homeless population will definitely open my eyes to their needs.  It will be interesting working with this group as I don't have a lot of experience with that yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...