Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day


For Mother's Day, I went up to spend the weekend in Ferndale with my parents.  On Friday, I met my mom and grandma for lunch in Ferndale at the thai restaurant.  It was delicious as always.  After eating, we went to the nursery and got some annuals for their garden.  We spent the afternoon at my parents house enjoying the sunshine.  For dinner, we went down to CJ's Beach House in Birch Bay.  The tide was out and the view was really pretty.

On Saturday, I volunteered to help my mom at the annual plant sale at Hovander Park for the master gardeners.  I helped with the checkout in the morning and assisted with the tomatoes, where my mom was working, in the afternoon.  After a long day in the sun there, we went back to the house and barbecued hamburgers for dinner.

On Sunday, Mother's Day, my dad and I made breakfast for my mom.  After eating, I did some work on my car that included changing the oil, replacing the fog light, trimming the ends of my roof rack and washing the inside and outside.  I am really happy with how clean it turned out.  It's nice to drive a clean car.  After cleaning my car, I also vacuumed my mom's Jeep.

In the afternoon, my grandma and Ed came over.  I had asked my mom what she wanted for dinner and her reply was, "barbecued hot dogs".  Perfect, I can totally do that.  So, for dinner, we had hot dogs, potato salad, chili and jello.  It was nice to be able to spend the weekend with my parents.  It was nice to get away for a while and I am really glad we had amazing weather.

1 comment:

  1. You look gorgeous! Love that pink tank! Glad you had a sweet weekend with your family. I know you needed a little get-away!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...