Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snowmageddon

We are having our first snow of the year, and it is turning out to be quite a storm.  As of this afternoon, we are officially in a state of emergency as an ice storm is hitting the area the day after we received about six inches of snow. So far, I have been okay, but cold.  Yesterday my battery was dead in my car, but I was able to get a jump start and replacement battery in the afternoon.  In the meantime, I did have to walk to work (which is luckily only took about 20 minutes) in the snow.  Then after work, my coworker gave me a ride back to my apartment where we had to push my car out of its parking space before jumping it so I could get to the store for a new battery.
 

Today is just plain cold and icy.  It's right around thirty degrees and we have had a variety of frozen perciptation all day.  A little snow, some freezing rain, snow pellets, sleet...you name it, we have seen it.  At least it is suppose to start warming up soon so hopefully things will be back to "normal" soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...