Sunday, April 25, 2010

Getting better

I think things are slowly starting to get better.  Terry is completely moved out of the house and last night I put new locks on the doors.  I am not really worried about him coming into the house, but at least now, I know that NO ONE else has a copy of my house keys but me.  When we moved here, we never changed the locks so in theory someone else could have a copy of the key somewhere.

We had a few BAD days last week, but I got through those.  It's weird being here by myself.  Well, I have Zeus, but he isn't the best conversationalist.   My weekend self care class has been nice as we are learning about stress and how to cope with it and it has taken my mind off of the reality of my life.  It's nice to be at school as it causes me to forget about the chaos that surrounds me.

I am still not sure what is going on with the house.  I don't want a foreclosure.  I am going to call the bank tomorrow and see about getting an adjustment on my mortgage.  If they can reduce the mortgage some and I can get a roommate(s), then maybe I won't be able to loose the house.  If not, then I am thinking about doing a short sale.  The only thing is: Terry said he won't sign off on anything.  He just wants to take the foreclosure.  So, it may just be time to get a lawyer if he doesn't agree to something.

Besides all that, things are going ok.  I am having issues focusing on school in general and am lucky that I have easy classes this quarter.  Hopefully by the time I get hard classes again, all of this will be behind me and I will be able to focus better.  I am trying to figure out a better schedule for school, volunteering and working out.  I know that I need to start hitting the gym again or at least walking again.  It will help me all around.  I am making some friends at school which is nice as I know that I need some.  Terry got most of the friends in the divorce and considering I worked from home for the first 2 years of living here, haven't really made any until now. At least I am getting some now.  My family has also been very supportive.

So, until next time, that is all.  I need to finish some homework now.  I will try to write more often as I think that journaling is a good way for me to express myself and cope with what is going on around me.

1 comment:

  1. Love you Amy Jo!
    You sound like you are willing to be flexible to different options for the house, and that's the best mindset you can have right now. Things are going to work out... even if half of "working out" is "work".
    I know both you and Terry are in a lot of pain right now, and that leads to being reactive... but he might be more flexible than you'd think if you bring him a solid plan for the house. I will be praying for him to show you love and grace that way... despite the pain.
    I admire your strength girl. You're not only going to make it through this... but you are going to come out a stronger refined version of you.
    Love you!
    Visit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...