Sunday, October 31, 2010

Kindle

A few weeks ago, my friend Andrew bought me a Kindle.  He knows that I love to read and thought that it would be something that I would enjoy.  I was a little hesitant at first.  I liked the idea of an eReader, but wasn't sure I was ready for one.  I am not always the first to grab at the latest technology and I was skeptical of it.  I know that eReaders have been around for some time, but for me, they still seemed too "new".  I thought for sure I would miss reading a paper book and wouldn't be able to adapt to reading on a little tablet.

To say the least I LOVE IT!!!  I finished my first book last week.  As soon as I was done, I went to read a real book from the library and couldn't do it.  I love that the Kindle is so small and lightweight.  I prefer to read in bed before falling asleep and it is so much easier to hold my little Kindle than a thick hard cover book.  The only downfall so far is that not all books are offered for the Kindle.  I wanted to read the final book of an older series I have been enjoying and it isn't yet available.  However, I am sure more books will become available as the eReader popularity grows.

I still will attempt to read and take advantage of the library books that I have grown accustomed to.  The library is great and FREE.  But, I do enjoy my Kindle and know that my bookcases will no longer continue to fill up with paperback books as any books that I decided to purchase from here on out will be in the digital format.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...