Tuesday, September 14, 2010

2010 Fairhaven Waterfront 15k

On Saturday, September 11, my mom, dad and I all ran a 15k race in Bellingham.  It was a perfect day for a run!  The weather was sunny, but not too hot and the views along the waterfront were really pretty. We all improved our pace from the half marathon we did in June so were excited about that.  I was really hoping to finish in less than two hours, but the extreme lack of bathrooms and the fact that I am a modest person made my time a little longer than I wanted.  Right around the 6 mile mark, I had to start walking as jogging on my bladder was becoming unbearable.  I was really surprised that there were no outhouses along the course.




Overall, I was disappointed with my finish of 2:06:24 but was glad my pace improved by almost a minute a mile.  My hope now is that I can finish my next half marathon at a decent pace.  However, the next run we are signed up for is a 5k which should be a piece of cake.  After the race, we went and enjoyed the sunny day at the yacht harbor and had lunch at the Weblocker.  

While I was visiting my parents, my mom and I decided to spend the rainy Sunday baking.  We both enjoy baking and trying new recipes.  This weekend we made apple butter, blackberry crisp, apple oatmeal cookies, chocolate zucchini cake and some gluton free cookies.  Everything turned out really yummy as always!

1 comment:

  1. The food looks great, as usual! I found a gluten free chex mix recipe if you are interested. I love the picture of your mom holding your cookies! Too cute ;) Must be where you get your great personality, lol Great job on the race! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...