Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bellingham Bay Marathon....well 5k

Last weekend I headed up north to run in the Bellingham Bay Marathon's 4th annual event.  My parents and I decided to run in the 5k as we have our next half marathon coming up on October 3.  The run was on Sunday morning and on Saturday we picked up our race packets.  I had started to feel under the weather the week previous and was hoping to feel better by Sunday morning.

To say the least, I wasn't feeling that great as I woke up on the soggy Sunday morning of the run.  I took some medicine and hoped for the best for the run.  I was hoping that since it was only a 5k, it wouldn't be that bad.  Luckily, the rain let up for the most part for the run.  Overall, it was hard.  I felt really weak throughout the race and soon after crossing the finish line started coughing really hard.  I was hoping to beat my time from the 5k I did a year ago, but that didn't happen.  I was disappointed with that but know that my performance was hindered due to being sick.


After the race, my mom commented that she wouldn't have run in the event if she was as sick as I was so that made me feel a little better.  She also commented that the race was harder than even she was anticipating.  Both my mom and dad made great time and hugely improved on their time from a year ago.  I was also happy to think that my pace improved by about 1 minute per mile from the 15k we did a few weeks ago.  Now, with the 1/2 marathon around the corner, I am hoping that I will be healthy, will be able to keep improving on my pace and finish the run quicker than I did in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...