Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cheater

So, for almost the last week I have been eating gluten free.  I am hoping that it will help with my constant stomach issues.  For as long as I can remember, I get weird stomach aches.  The doctors have just diagnosed it as IBS and said I have a "nervous" stomach.  I call bullshit on them!  I really think IBS is just a way that they can label a patient so they are satisfied with the visit without actually determining the root cause of the problem.

Last weekend, my mom convinced to me stop eating gluten to see if that helps.  And amazingly it has (at least so far).  I haven't had my usual stomach pains and I hope that this easy diet change will be effective.  However, tonight, my tummy hurts.  However, I know why...I cheated today.  I really couldn't resist.  This morning I went to the Western Washington Fair in Puyallup (which I will blog about tomorrow).  I had heard on TV that they have an Everything Fried booth and that the fried oreos were really good.  So, to say the least, I cheated and had to try a fried ores (as well as a fried twinkie).  I suppose it was sort of worth it though.  The oreo was really good, however, the twinkie was ok (but I am glad to say I have tried on).

I now believe that gluten may be the cause of my stomach issues, however, it could also be from the rich food that I ate since honestly my stomach isn't used to a lot of fried food.  I hope that now I can stick with my gluten free diet and that my stomach issues won't come back.  If this simple change can affect my entire life, that would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...