Thursday, September 2, 2010

Chocolate Zucchini Bread

If you are anything like me, this time of year you have zucchini coming out your ears.  I only planted two zucchinis this year and have a ton of fruit ripening.  I like zucchini bread, but have to admit that this is my favorite zucchini recipe.  What I like is that it doesn't taste like traditional zucchini bread.  If you didn't know any better, you would never guess that that is what it is.  So, I wanted to share the recipe with all my family and friends to try....

Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Makes 2 loafs

Mix together ( I sift ):
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup dark baking cocoa
2 1/2  tsp baking powder
1 1/2  tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon

Blend:
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 eggs

Add to blended ingredients:
2 cups grated zucchini to blended mixture
1/2 cup milk

Add flour mixture to blended mixture until mixed well

Bake at 350 45 - 60 minutes until toothpick come out clean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...