Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fingers Crossed

So, I finally got my act together and decided to talk to my mortgage company about my house situation.  I want to do whatever I can to prevent a foreclosure and wasn't really sure where to start.  It turns out that the mortgage company doesn't do anything, I need to work directly with a realtor to do a short sale on my house.  After a really quick stop at my mortgage company, I went across the street to talk to a realtor.

The realtor I met with was really nice and answered some questions that I had.  However, in order to list my house for sale, Terry needs to sign off on it.  Crap!  He already told me that he didn't want to do a short sale and would rather just let the property foreclose.  So, now I am waiting for the realtor to call me back.  She left a message for Terry about the benefits of a short sale and I am hoping that she will be able to talk some sense into him.  For now, my fingers are crossed.  If he declines, I either have to find a lawyer or just accept a foreclosure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...